Thursday 15 March 2012

Thoughts on a Quote [3].

Thoughts on a Quote is a Thursday segment I have created. This will be for any segments in a book that stick out to me that I want to voice my opinion on.

"The world was made up of people putting one foot in front of the other; and a life might appear ordinary simply becase the person living it had done so for a long time.
Harold could no longer pass a stranger without acknowledging the truth that everyone was the same, and also unique; and that this was the dilemma of being human."

This passage from a new release by Rachel Joyce got me thinking about how much people worry about what others think of them and think that they will be judged for the moves that they make.  Yet, everyone is in the same boat.  Everyone is as important as anyone else and I'm assuming everyone has worrying thoughts about what they've said or done at some point.  It's essentially their life and they can choose how they live it and this is what makes them unique.  This was an intriguing way to look at in in comparison to Harold's journey and 'collisions' with many different people.

I would love to know: what do you think of this quote?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...